Where: Albany Library, 1247 Marin Ave, Albany, CA 94706
Date: March 26, 2011
A captivating community arts day providing a range of ways for youth and families to experience the arts in action!
- 10-12 – Origami Workshop with Margo Wecksler
- 12-1 – Tour and Reception for Youth Art Display and Local Artist, Irfan Akbar
- 1-2 – Welcome from Supervisor Keith Carson and Fratello Marionettes’ Carnival of the Animals
- 2-2:30 – Albany High Jazz Combo Performance
- 2:30-3 – Lobby Gallery Tour with Irfan Akbar
- 2:30-4 – Presentation and Craft workshop with Albany Children’s Book author, Elisa Kleven
Youth visual art will be on display throughout the month of March! Presented by Albany Library / Alameda County Library system, City of Albany, Albany Arts Committee, Friends of the Albany Library and the Alameda County Arts Commission. Special guest:Alameda County Supervisor Keith Carson, District 5 will visit at 1:00 pm!
Everyone invited: Families, Free, Kids, Open to All, Seniors, Teens